[Coco] model 4 cp/m

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 6 11:43:21 EST 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 03:48, Bob Devries wrote:
>AmigaDOS 3.x is not too hard to come by. I have it here on two of my
> Amigas. The ROM required may be a little more difficult however.

Yeah, that's a 27c4000, a special footprint version of the 27c4096, and
its made out of pure unobtainium except for the legal suppliers.  Even
they may be putting it in adapters now.  It was also available from Atmel
for a while many years ago.

But here is a recommendation too.  When you do get the 3.1 kickstart
rom(s) before putting them in the amiga, find someone with a burner and
have them make you a file copy of them.  Why?  Because their burn is
underdone, and will suffer bit rot eventually, at which point you will
need those files to be fed back into the eproms after they've been UV
erased and made ready to reburn.  I had to do it to both copies I bought
within 6 months, but once they had been reburned, they were good to go
for the long haul.  I have NDI what prompted me to save them in the first
place, but I'm glad I did.

I never did get around to buying 4.0 as it wasn't yet available by the
time my box died of a broken hard drive, but 3.9 was many times more
stable than 3.1 was.