[Coco] [coco] video signal generation

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Fri Jan 5 22:55:45 EST 2007

Roy, one thing I do recall about the CoCo3 GIME chip -- it's SLOW!! It won't take anything over the 2MHz speed of the CoCo3. Anything over pushes it to much and you get garbage on the monitor. I know that's the main reason there have been no speed upgrades for the CoCo3 CPU -- the GIME uses the same clock. Speed up the CPU, destroy video output. A faster CoCo3 would need a terminal connectoed to it -- might be workable for OS-9, but not DECB. And in that case, an emulator running on a PC connected to a CoCo as a terminal might be the best solution.

I know, doesn't help your problem one bit! (sorry)

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"