[Coco] What about the double speed upgrade?

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Thu Jan 4 23:49:25 EST 2007

At 06:04 PM 04/01/2007 -0600, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
>     Sock's (and Bob Puppo's before him) clock doublers only double the
>speed when the CPU is not accessing RAM. So, you are right, in 6309 native
>mode, where the chip caches the instruction byte, you don't see as much of
>a gain (except on many cycle CPU instructions that don't touch RAM, like
>DIVx and MULD instructions). On things like TFM, it won't speed up at all.

Bob Puppo designed one too?  There was *yet another* guy who was trying to
do something similar at the time that I was doing mine too.  His
idea/approach was very different from mine, so the performance would have
been very different.  I don't know if he actually did build it, though.

Does anyone know how Bob's design would have worked and how much it affected
CPU performance?  Was it sold?

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/