[Coco] CoCo3 PIA?

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 11:23:02 EST 2007

Mark Marlette wrote:
> james,
>
> If the LSTTL is not being used as the pull up and the 68x21 doesn't
> have configurable pullups. How does the circuit guarantee a hi level
> for the CoCo3 keyboard interface?

Port A which I believe is configured as inputs have internal pullups on
all lines, which operate in either input or output mode. Since a keyrow
with no keys pressed will not be connected to anything, the internal
pullup should ensure the 1 level. A connected key on the row being read
will of course be pulled down to zero, by dint of the output row being
zero, which will overcome the pullup.

This very behavior is used on a couple of the Dragons to pull up the rom
select line of a rom, and ensure that it is selected at reset time.

Cheers.

Phill.