[Coco] [Color Computer] Voice Simulator

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 00:11:40 EST 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 14:14, Bev D. Keddy wrote:
>I remember seeing an ad in Hot CoCo many years ago that featured a voice
>simulator, sort of an artificial intelligence program.  I am wondering
>if anyone here remembers that ad, and that product, and whether anyone
>here actually had or has it.  I'm curious to know how well this worked,
>twenty years ago.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Bev

I have, someplace, a Speech and Sound Synth cartridge that one could pipe
program listings to and it would read them to you.  But the speech was on
a par with a very fuzzy version of the voice Stephen Hawking coaxes out
of the elderly amiga in the bottom of his wheelchair.  As those are
pretty jurrasic now, I'd hope someone has made him a new one that is pc
based.  Parts are much easier to find.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)