[Coco] EDTASM

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 3 10:17:01 EST 2007

Richard Atkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's there to choose from between the disk and cartridge versions of
> EDTASM? I don't have a disk drive yet and I don't have the cartridge
> version, but I could make a cartridge version fairly easily using a 2764
> EPROM (assuming it's an 8K ROM) and a spare game. Or I could hang on for a
> disk drive (and pay the exorbitant prices on eBay!) and use the disk
> version.
>
> Any views?
>
> Richard

The disk version works with both disk and tape but otherwise is not
really any different from the tape (ROM) version. The ROM is indeed 8K.

With the only difference that you will be missing the manual, both
versions probably can be found on the Internet at various urls. Both
versions can be found at
http://www.discover-net.net/~dmkeil/coco/software/index.htm

Actually the ROM version can be used with emulators as a ROM image or
loaded into emulators from a disk image. The same goes with a real Coco
where both the ROM and Disk versions can be loaded from a disk.

There was a patch for the ROM version published in Rainbow to convert it
to disk usage. I sell a patch for the Disk version which permits it to
use 6309 code and much more.