[Coco] Rainbow IDE project web depot

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jan 28 22:07:07 EST 2007

I've been experimenting with file importing from the web with
Rainbow, and although it works okay for now, I have my eyes more set
on the ability to bring up a menu of available projects on the web
and allowing them to be imported, making everything local.

The same goes for adding assemblers.  I think there would be more
interest in a add-in depot instead of hard-to-maintain source code
components.  Projects would be ready to build, and if the required
assembler(s) are not installed, the IDE could offer to grab them from
the web as well... AND the required M.E.S.S. BIOS ROMs for pop-up emulation.

I'm sure a list of depot sites could be defined so that you can scan
them all for new projects.  I'll try to make it as simple as possible
for those who want to add their own depot to the menus.

This should allow projects to be shared among the development community

By the way, does anybody have a quick auto-DOS patch for Disk BASIC
1.1 so that we can patch the M.E.S.S. CoCo BIOS ROMs to auto boot
into an OS-9 image?  I think M.E.S.S. can skip the CRC checking.