[Coco] FW: CC-Five (was Re: Pseudo CoCo4???)

Becker, Gary Gary.Becker at amd.com
Mon Jan 22 13:10:34 EST 2007

Like most of you, I am a long time lover of the COCO. But over the
years, all my vintage computer systems were forced out of my hands. A
couple of years ago, I decided to resurrect some of my past. I started
searching the web for Ohio Scientific Superboard information. The OSI
system was my first real computer system. After several months of
Verilog coding, I now have a fully functional OSI in FPGA.

http://www.geocities.com/gary_l_becker

After that, I started with my second system, the Apple II. It has taken
over a year of my spare time, but now I have a fully functional Apple
IIe in FPGA.

http://www.applefritter.com/blog/12920
http://www.applefritter.com/image/uid/12920

I am now working on my final system, a COCO3 in a FPGA. I have been
working on this project for several months. Since the COCO3 is much more
complicated that even the Apple IIe, I feel it will again take me more
than a year of development. One obstacle in my way is the 6809 assembly
language. I am fluent in 6502, but have not done much 6809. At the
present time, I am debugging the standard 32 column text display and
trying to get the system to boot into BASIC. I will post some pictures
when I get far enough along where it is interesting.

I have two FPGA development boards. Both are Digilent Spartan 3 Starter
boards. One uses a 200K gate Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA. The other uses a
1000K gate Spartan 3 FPGA. As with my other two projects, I will release
the Verilog source code and any 6809 code that I have written myself to
whoever is interested when I finish.

Thanks to everyone on this list that has kept the COCO alive and
rekindle my interest.

Gary Becker