[Coco] CoCo and Timex-Sinclair?

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 13:19:26 EST 2007

My first computer was almost a second hand CoCo 2. Instead I got a Timex
sinclair 1000 a few years later. This is a weird coincidence since I kept
seing ads for CoCo stuff in T/S newsletters, and T/S stuff in CoCo
newsletters. Zebra Systems (the T/S equivalent of Disto?) supported both.
There are liks to the Glenside club's web site on the T/S web sites, and I've
read in CoCo-123 about T-SNUG members attending GCCC meetings.

Why? What is it about CoCo and T/S that gets so many of us interested in both?

I could see the Atari & Commodore communities overlaping like this, or even
Apple & Atari, but why CoCo & T/S? They have nothing in common...do they?

I'm not complaining. I really like my T/S-2068 with Timex disk system. I'm
just curious.