[Coco] *WTH!?* iniCPU: A modern 6809-compatible CPU !!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 27 04:56:52 EST 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007, Fedor Steeman wrote:
>>I'm guessing you all realise that this is a soft core, to be targeted
>>to an FPGA/ASIC and that you can't buy the silicon?!?
>
>No, I didn't realize that. I genuinely thought they were manufacturing
> the chips themselves... :-(
>
>I wonder how costly it would be to turn these designs into a bunch ICs?
>
>Cheers,
>Fedor

Fairly.  The programmer of course is a fixed expense often in the 500 USD
range and up, then there is the cost of the programmable chip, and
possibly a per copy royalty fee for the use of the file to program the
chip.

Doing 100K copies would probably be cheap enough to do, but one copy would
have to be just to satisfy ones curiosity.