[Coco] Free OS-9 Documentation!!!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Feb 24 20:13:57 EST 2007

On Saturday 24 February 2007, Brian Blake wrote:
>Okay, I just upgraded from Adobe Reader 6.0 to 7 and still get no text
> after page 2.

Twon't make any difference, the file contains nothing but the 'Page ##'
text beyond page 2.  I just looked at it with a hex editor.  Humm, but
that hex editor was mc's.  Looking at it with 'less' the binary code show
up just fine, however it specifies some truely obscure font I never heard
tell of ever and I'm a font junkie.
Here is a snip of one such instance:
/Encoding /WinAnsiEncoding
/BaseFont /Freeform721BT-Black
/FontDescriptor 79 0 R

Here is another:
/Type /FontDescriptor
/Ascent 718
/CapHeight 720
/Descent -236
/Flags 32
/FontBBox [-168 -236 1396 967]
/FontName /Freeform721BT-Black
/ItalicAngle 0
/StemV 147
/XHeight 524
/StemH 20
/FontFile3 80 0 R

And another:
/Type /FontDescriptor
/Ascent 909
/CapHeight 0
/Descent -300
/Flags 4
/FontBBox [-67 -238 942 909]
/FontName /ODPNPN+Divinity
/ItalicAngle 0
/StemV 138
/XHeight 0
/FontFile2 84 0 R

endobj

I don't think those fonts are in the freely downloadable msttcorefonts,
nor do I have any such beast available, but I haven't looked specifically
for them on goldenweb.it either, who have some truly outstanding fonts
available there.  Normally gs would sub some ugly duckling font, so I
don't think that's the problem, but somethings sure foobar'd.

Humm, kghostview shows the text of the page as its drawing it, but
immediately erases the page once drawn.  BUT, only for the first 2 pages!
All pages after that are also blank to kghostview.  Maybe that's a clue
as to whats wrong with the file?

KPDF shows the first 2 pages only, but only the page number phrase on the
rest of its pages.  Just like the latest linux acroread.

Methinks there really is something wrong with the file structure.  That
was Distiller 5.0, and PageMaker 7.0?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)