[Coco] Ann: FUSE Support for Toolshed

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Sat Feb 24 16:02:44 EST 2007

John W. Linville wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 08:10:06PM +0000, Mannequin* wrote:
>> Joel Ewy wrote:
>>
>>> So, I probably need to quit procrastinating and upgrade my RedHat 8...
>> Might I suggest... *cough* Ubuntu? ;)
>
> Bah...
>
> A Red Hat user will be far better-off sticking with Fedora.
>
> IMHO, Ubuntu gets such fawning press mostly from ex-Debian users who
> are so impressed by coming out of the stone age that they don't realize
> that Fedora, SuSE, and Mandrake had been out-classing them for years.
>
> Of course, YMMV... :-)

*snort* LOL. Of course YMMV... Debian, in my experience, was far better
than Red Hat. When I switched, I never looked back. (Kinda like Windows.)

The only reason I switched to Ubuntu from Debian was because the
installer didn't recognize a good portion of the hardware in my new
laptop. Ubuntu's did, and I didn't feel like fussing with it this time
around. (I guess I'm getting lazy. :) )

I'll make a note that it was before Debian's new installer was
finished... or is it? I haven't kept up. LOL

-M.