[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: OS-9 C and Pascal compiler output

Alex Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Thu Feb 22 23:00:05 EST 2007

On  22  Feb 2007, at 8:39 AM, James Diffendaffer wrote:

> I wanted to be able to compile a large program under the OS-9 compiler
> and then have it recompile under mine with minimal changes.  Since the
> OS-9 compiler is old and probably a subset of C I'm not sure of what
> to expect.

The OS-9 C compiler is very close to a completely standard
implementation of K&R C.  The main differences are no support for bit
fields and that if you want to print floats or doubles using printf
(and friends) you had to include a call to force those sections to be
linked in your source.

As far as the Pascal compiler went IIRC there was some oddity about
packed arrays and once of the keywords related to memory clean up
didn't work.