[Coco] [Color Computer] OS-9 docs?

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Thu Feb 22 22:52:59 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Diffendaffer"
> Are there any downloadable OS-9 docs out there?
> I'm setting up a virtual hard drive under Nitros-09.
> I can get around but it's different from other operating systems I've
> used and I need some sort of guide.

 My take on this subject is this.. ( I could be wrong... or possibly TOTALLY
INCORRECT)

 If you already have OS-9 and/or OS-9 LII then you already have the docs.

 If not, then you are at the mercy of this group to help you.

 Nitros-09 is an improved/bug free and faster version of OS-9.

 It would take TONS of labor to create a whole new set of docs on Nitros-09.
Heck! The original docs on OS-9 LII is almost two inches thick.  If we were
to reproduce the docs.. as is, then we face the copyright issue.

 Durnit!

 So...

 The best way I see to understand the OS is to find books on,  or an
original copy of the OS.

George