[Coco] Using a NTSC Coco in the UK - my findings

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Feb 22 21:44:55 EST 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007, Torsten Dittel wrote:
>Gene Heskett schrieb:
>> >
>> >Hey Gene, what R U talkin' about? :-)
>>
>> That would be the order number used to have the shack mail you one.
>> THE RS means Radio Shack, but I long ago forgot what the A stood for.
>> But it was a special order thingy.  You might still be able to buy
>> replacement copies of the floppies that came with the C compiler for
>> instance, at a very nominal price.  No docs of course.
>
>Ah, guess you have been replying to another person (the one looking for
>the C compiler floppies). Not my thread...

The reply was in the thread about the gime chip retainer clips, I think.

Heck, its getting late here and I've been fighting with a winderz app all
evening.  Frustrating.  The little charging dock the missus's iPAQ drops
into to charge, and connect to the rest of the planet?  It weighs about
an ounce, and the data cables coming from it are small bridge suspension
cables.  Stiff, you can't set it anywhere without laying a couple of
bricks on it cause the cables will drag the whole thing off the table.
No idea what it was that Hp/Compaq had in mind when they did that.  I'd
take a couple of fencing staples and staple it to the desk, but that
would probably be an Alaskan Divorce...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)