[Coco] Help with .CAL files

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Wed Feb 21 22:25:34 EST 2007

Guys,

I have some older .CAL files from the early 90s that have some old
financial data.  They appear to be spreadsheet files.  The data is
binary in nature and I am trying to find the program I used to create
them so I can extract the data and save it in a newer format.  I
don't remember the program I used to create them, but was either on a
CoCo or an MM/1, but was definitely under OS-9.  I thought these were
files created with DeskMate 3, but a .CAL file in DeskMate 3 is
created by its Calendar application.  Trying to load the files into
Calendar causes an error, so I know that it's not a DeskMate 3 file.

I remember using SC at one point, but SC saves its data in ASCII
format.  Downloading and running SC on the files doesn't work either.

So, does anyone remember if there was a financial or spreadsheet
program that ran under the CoCo 3 or MM/1 that read/wrote .CAL files?

Thanks.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
Email: boisy at boisypitre.com