[Coco] Run a CoCo while sitting on the toilet! :)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Feb 20 18:32:44 EST 2007

At 03:54 PM 2/20/2007, you wrote:
> > The trick is the 'adhoc' networking technique that's already in Vista
>
>[snip]
>
>Ad-hoc networking works in just about every OS that has 802.11a/b/g wireless.
>There's nothing special about Vista other than the ridiculous prices and
>equally-ridiculous content "protection".

I know that adhoc networking is nothing new.  What Vista does is
simplifies and automates the process with a "just make it work"
attitude.  I agree that the prices are crazy, and even after buying a
lower grade version, if you decide to "upgrade" which they push madly
everywhere you read, you're just buying the new version at full
price, so they're basically telling you to buy each version at full
price until you find the one that does everything you need.  They
even remove features from each program of theirs with messages like
"you can't do that from this version of Vista, please
upgrade".  Nothing new, either.  Nothing is new about anything I've
been talking about.  I was just bragging a bit about how I finally
got my system and network to do what I wanted it to do.

Now if I can add my coffee maker to my network, I'll have more to
talk about as well.  :)

--
Roger Taylor