[Coco] [Color Computer] What happend to http://www.nitros9.org/

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 20 17:59:50 EST 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Mark Marlette wrote:
>I saw Gene's post and went and thought I would try this out. Needed to
>get here anyway.
>
>Boisy and I have a HUGE repository for C-9, well over a gig of shared
>information between us. I'm running w2k and XP with Tortise CVS.
>
>I applied for an account on SourceForge. Sent my account info to Boisy
>
>Setup CVS and downloaded BOTH repositiories error free in under 10
> minutes.
>
>Worked flawlessly........
>
>Brian - What is not working or the problems you are having? Same as
>Gene? If so what CVS package / platform are you on?
>
>Mark

FWIW here Mark its Fedora 6 on an x86 box, cvs-1.11.22-6.fc6.rpm
installed.  ADSL hookup, 1.5 down, 256k up.  But look at the traceroute
outputs I posted, it almost looks as if the clarksburg verizon router is
filtering sourceforge accesses.  And I wouldn't put it past them.  Pings
work, but not a heck of a lot else.  They do a lot of stuff in the
background that would cancel their 'common carrier' status in a heartbeat
IF we still had a functioning FCC.  Their email filtering, "which the
customers demand" doesn't stop a heck of a lot of spam since SA still
nails about 600 junkmails a day, but it sure stops anything that might be
from "the other guys", aka anyone who just might be "competition" for
their landline income.  They, after being yelled at for about a half an
hour one night, gave me an address that purportedly bypasses
this 'filtering' but guess what?  I can rx from it just fine, but I
cannot send through it using that as a return address, so what use is it?

I'd answer the above question in vivid detail, but this is a mixed crowd
here...  I'd give almost anything if there was a competitively priced
alternative to verizon for internet services available here.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)