[Coco] Questions about the Coco3 GIME Timer

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Feb 17 19:59:04 EST 2007

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not know if the 6522 can still be obtained but if they are available
> you might save a lot of work.

Define "available".  ;)  Not that I would ever recommend violating any
of these classic computers, but if they're already dead, they might be
organ donors:  If you have the motherboard out of an old Mac 128, Mac
512, or Mac Plus that you've turned into fish tanks, you could liberate
a 6522.  You might also find one in a Commodore Vic-20, or certain
external Commodore floppy drive units.  Maybe also some other early CBM
computers.  Also the Amiga has an 8520, which is just about the same
thing, I think.

JCE