[Coco] COCO DTV update

ben jimenez bjimenez805 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 14:16:43 EST 2007

Mary,

  the designer of the C64DTV has a web page where she sells her boards that they say can be configured to emulate different types of pc's. Below is a clip of what it says on the site.

  After a cold start, the FPGA programs are loaded from a mass-storage device like harddrive, disk drive or a compact flash card. What's described in one short sentence is a giant leap in computer technology: The hardware can be altered by the user without even opening the computer. The FPGA programs - so-called 'cores' - turn the C-One into clones of famous 80's computers like the C64, VIC-20, plus/4, TI-99/4a, Atari 2600, Atari 400/800 series, Sinclair Spectrum, ZX81, Schneider CPC and many more. It can of course also be a completely new computer with specs unknown to these milestones in computer history. That's what the C-One 'native mode' will be - read more on the Specifications page

Nuxie at aol.com wrote:
  i contacted microware today via email. they actually called me back on my
cell phone and left me a message with his office, home, and cell phone
number!! yall believe this! ok so any ideas on what i should ask him exactly lol. I
will call him back tomorrow when my cell phone is good and charged up. so is
it the 6809 chip rom i am after or what to make this project happen.

Mary