[Coco] COCO DTV

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Feb 15 06:46:22 EST 2007

Mary

FYI

Microware did the software additions for the Coco 3. Microsoft did the software for
the Coco 1/2.

To do what the C64DTV does we either have to place the whole COco3 or as
much of it in an FPGA or create an ASIC. The later is really out of any
individual's effort unless they have corporate funding or very deep pockets to
afford creating a single IC with the Coco3 on it. There are some analog sections
that won't go into a FPGA.

Actually what I would love to kow from Microware is the source code for Coco3
basic roms still inexistance and is there a chance it might be released to public
domain?

There are some minor bugs that should be cleaned up and maybe some
improvements to work with newer hardware. While we can take the dissaembled
code and recreate and patch the existing code, having the original source would
be easier to work with.

james

jame