[Coco] Questions about the Coco3 GIME Timer

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Feb 14 09:40:44 EST 2007

On 14 Feb 2007 at 9:30, Gene Heskett wrote:

> The point is, that to drive a milling machine, we would need one of
> these per axis being moved.  That's at least 2 just to cut circuit
> boards...
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene

Gene

ever considered using a CPLD and programming it to have the three counters
you need. You can have the timers generate a flag when count is up. The the
program can poll the memory mapped register file or have the GIME timer tell
you when it is time to read the counter status.

The CPLD program would be rather simple to do and rather inexpensive add on
board. The counters could be driven by the E clock and each counter could have
a prescalar to a 16 bit free running counter.

james