[Coco] [Color Computer] [coco] Coco CNC

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Mon Feb 12 16:10:22 EST 2007

I've mentioned this before, a few years ago, at the furniture shop we used  a
German built CNC machine,
by WEEKE.  It featured a 68030 cpu, and booted OSK from ROM, then  loaded the
fabrication software from
HD.  You could watch it load program lines in both english and german  as
they scrolled by.  It had a color
GUI, and could run overlay windows as well.  It could multitask of  course,
thus allowing fabrication of up
to four panels in separate fields, or very large panels (up to ca. 8 x 3
feet x 1-1/8 inch while at the same
time, allow the operator to set up another program on screen, to be run
later.  It is rather
astonishing to see  such a heavy machine (ca 2 tons) be accurate to a  tenth
of a millimeter or better.
The machine was used for about 10 years, then gave way to a WinXP/Pro  system
by the same company,
which is currently in use.