[Coco] Delphi Archive lists, etc.

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Feb 11 00:06:11 EST 2007

So I've been poking around my CoCo and MM/1 disks, trying to find some
of the things I had done in the past, with mixed success.  I came across
some files I've saved on my file server (in its various incarnations)
for years.  The date on them is 9/3/1996.  They have lists of files from
various sections of the CoCo and OS-9 Delphi SIG.  I don't remember
exactly when the Delphi file archives went away, but ISTR that I
compiled these lists because I thought (perhaps it had been announced)
the archives wouldn't be around much longer.  I think my idea was to try
to preserve as many of the files as possible.  I didn't accomplish this,
but I did make lists of files.

I see my pix2tga and vef2tga utilities for the CoCo (the source for
which I have dug up), but I see no mention of my cliplib-enabled
jpegshow for the MM/1.  In fact, I don't see a listing for any version
of jpegshow except 2.0.  Kotanski's version 3.0 was around by the time I
made my list though, so this (and maybe my modified version) might have
been put up elsewhere, and not on Delphi at all.

I've put these files on the wiki at coco25.com in the hopes that they
will be of interest to others, for the purpose of research, nostalgia,
or whatever.  But I put them on the wiki so that they can be edited and
added to as necessary (e.g., I didn't get anything out of the RS-DOS
sections, maybe someone can fill that in...) and also annotated with
information about which of these files exist on RTSI.com.  Perhaps those
of us who have some of these files from Delphi, or Compuserve, or lucy,
(or wuarchive?) might see whether we can preserve them on RTSI.com
before they flake off our disks with the oxide.

JCE