[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCo3.com Forums Hacked Again

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Thu Feb 8 10:23:05 EST 2007

Ken Carlin wrote:
> It appears to be even possibly worse than just hacked.  I went to the
> forum page and it appears that whoever hacked the site has also tried to
> implement a Windows exploit virus.  I was on an older machine that didn't
> have all the recent patches implemented, and when I went to the forum page
> my antivirus program (AVG) caught something going on in the IE cache and
> shut down IE completely.

OOPS! Thanks for reminding me about that. I just never think about that
because I run Linux.

Yes. Please don't tread near the page. As Ken stated, there is a bit of
a problem with some trojans running around. Roger is on top of that
problem, but I don't know if he knows about the page being hacked even
further. I saw that one happen right before my eyes around 9:00 - 9:30a
GMT. I have emailed him about it, so I'm guessing after work is when
he's going to be movin' in on our hacker...

-M.