[Coco] Microsoft files for patent on "modular operating system"

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 10:56:36 EST 2007

I've got Windows Blinds installed, but not the bootskin program they offer. I'm not sure as to the timing of when it was installed vs. when the Warp screen started appearing. I know it did it 2 or 3 times, then went back to the WinXP 'Knight Rider' screen for a while, but, now it Warps all the time, since late December. I've run AVG, Spybot S&D and others and have detected no problems. Never thought about Blinds doing this until today. It's definately possible and I'll look into it tonight. It's odd thought that the first time it appeared was after smoking a parallel port project I was working on, while it was connected to the PC (never, ever mess with an electronics project while running a fever....)

Brian