[Coco] Wireless transmission power boost

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Tue Feb 20 07:19:21 EST 2007

The higher gain directional antenna might work. I know it will for receiving, but not sure it will boost transmission power. You will want to place the antenna higher and outside. Don't know how much cable you can use with one though. Do you have a friend a mile or so closer to town? There are repeaters available that will reach a mile or so, but they are rather expensive commercial units, "G" type (54 mgbs, though some have two radios for 108). No "N" available yet. I researched the same thing a few months back, can't find the site I had bookmarked now. Turns out that wireless N has the range and speed I needed.

Message: 15