[Coco] FTP uploads

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Feb 17 22:53:45 EST 2007

I've uploaded two MM/1-related files to os9archive.rtsi.com and
ftp.maltedmedia.com and notified the maintainers of the sites.  I
suppose they'll stay in INCOMING limbo till they have time to put them
in their proper places.  One is jpegshow_clipboard.lzh.  This is the
compiled binary of my modified version of Andrzej Kotanski's jpegshow
3.0, which adds support for Joel Hegberg's clipboard library.  I think
the source code is lost, otherwise I would upload it too.

The other file is JMH's clipboard library, with source.  At the time
when I was working on jpegshow, I was really interested in the clipboard
library.  I think there must have been some feature I wanted to add, so
I talked to Joel Hegberg about it.  I don't remember if this was via
email, or in person at a CoCo Fest (maybe even documented here:
http://www.coco3.com/gallery/v/cocofests/sixthannual_lastchicago_cocofest_1997/fest22.jpg.html
)  In any case, my recollection was that he gave me permission to take
over maintenance of cliplib.  Well, shortly thereafter I had a hard
drive crash on my MM/1 and didn't do anything with the MM/1 for years.
So I didn't do anything with cliplib.  I'm uploading it now, in the form
I found it recently on a floppy disk, so it doesn't get lost to
history.  Maybe one of these days I'll get the bug to try to re-create
the source for the cliplib-enabled jpegshow.  Maybe then I'll remember
what features I wanted to add to cliplib, and actually do something
about it.  Until then, it should be available to those few of us who
still care about these things.

JCE