[Coco] Almost 2,000 known IPs banned from the forums

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Feb 11 15:59:06 EST 2007

More good news...

I just banned the following 1,928 spammer IPs from accessing the
CoCo3.com forums.  Luckily, the board software allows banning IPs,
e-mail addresses, domains, and member names.  If anyone knows of a
more complete list in text format, feel free to point me to the
anti-spam site you find it on and I'll work on merging them
in.  Spammers using @mail.ru is definately trying every day to
register new accounts, sometimes 10 a day.  I blocked them as well.

http://alpha.rod.elinc.ca/spamlist.php

Other measures have been taken like no [doHTML] tags for anybody,
since the forum system claims that session cookies could be stolen by
advanced hackers.  So I threw that option out, as it's not a big deal
in everyday discussions that really don't need any fancying up with HTML tags.

--
Roger Taylor