[Coco] Disk Drive formatting WAS:quick question

Steve Bjork 6809er at bjork-huffman.net
Fri Dec 28 13:46:52 EST 2007

On the loaders for my games, did I use an "every other one"
interleaving.  But I also change the size of the sectors to not only
speed up the loading of the games but increase the storage on the floppy.

If the sector jumps up form 256 to 1024 then you get an extra 512
bytes per track.  (or was it 512 bytes sectors? its been a long
time.) What ever it was you got extra storage per track.

Anyway, the interleave was 1,3,2,4,5. (or 1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8 for 512
byte sectors.)

I'm starting think I used 512 byte sectors.  As I said before, its
been a long time.

Oh yes, I do remember loading the whole track at once (into a screen
buffer), tolled the controller to step to the next track.  During the
time it took the drive to step I used the time to moved the data to
right place.  There was no wasted time loading in the data and the
floppy head just moved right long.

Steve (6809er) Bjork