[Coco] quick question

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Dec 28 05:49:26 EST 2007

I played around with that on the ATARI ST and didn't only change the
sector interleave for one track but as well between the tracks (it
wasn't necessary to start with the 1st sector right after the index hole
so after stepping to the next track you wouldn't have to wait for the
index hole passing by). I called this formatting "spiralization". Since
the floppy disks were doublesided, another fixed sector # offset between
side 0 and 1 made the disks reading even faster under normal TOS
operation. However, I never tried to figure out the optimal "fast read"
formatting for the CoCo (DECB or OS-9).

Torsten