[Coco] NitrOS9 Level 2 Question

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 27 22:35:20 EST 2007

Ed Orbea wrote:
><snip>
> Boot NitrOS9 with the newly created boot disk
> Everything works as one would normally expect up until the point that
> i2xto is displayed on the boot screen.
>
> Specifically i2 is displayed, followed by xto, then the system
> "freezes". Normally at the point that i2xto is displayed, the next
> sequence which is the execution of the "startup" file happens. My
> startup file just does some echos and then asks for date and time (which
> is the default NitrOS9 Level II startup file).
>
> So my question, is what have I missed, and what should I look for to
> resolve this problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.

What you should be seeing is i2xo not i2xto. Adding the next item, the
boot screen should be i2xoC.

This data means i-Init module found, 2- entered OS9p2 (now KrnP2), x-
tried to chd/chx to default device listed in Init. If /term is 40/80 and
boot quits here grfdrv may not be in CMDS, C- trying to fork CC3Go (now
Sysgo). Sysgo can be either in OS9Boot or in the route directory of /DD.

It would seem that either grfdrv or sysgo are not where they should be
although Init may not be pointing to the correct drive name.