[Coco] MUSICA 2 files

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Dec 24 20:24:06 EST 2007

I found the problem why my MUSICA files moved from .dsk image to
local PC file appeared to be corrupt.  When using wimgtool.exe, some
of the files have LF/CR processing done on them, causing bytes to be
added here and there.  Ofcourse this causes the music either to not
play at all, sound like a train wreck, or play for a bit then crash
out.  I just used port.exe on a .mus file and I'm now playing the
tune in the background of my game.

Also, first I LOADM the .mus file which almost always places the
music data between 16384 and ... {32767 or less) and I use a custom
BASIC program to later rewrite only that data out as a new
file.  Some .mus files have player code preprended starting at 16128
so when you do an EXEC, the file plays without an external
loader/player.  I strip that out and use only the waves and notes data.