[Coco] New CoCo 3 game - Ricoche

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Dec 17 01:52:46 EST 2007

I'm a day or two away from finishing a new game called Richoche, for
the 6309 512k CoCo 3.  If I can manage to replace the block memory
transfer commands with stack blast 6809 opcodes and keep the
framerate decent, I'll do that and announce that it's a 6809
game.  This is basically the former Spider-Hyper game revived but
with 2 extra walls and the spiders are now bouncing color
balls.  Since I wrote the games, I can usually win them quick but the
trick is using your peripheral vision and waiting on balls that are
lined up horizontally to get near a lower wall before letting them
through real quick.  It's still a big challenge with 32 balls and 9
chambers that they can be trapped in.  I'm trying to add a real-time
soundtrack right now, and I'm having trouble finding some raw MUSICA
files (not the LOADMable ones, but the data only ones).  If anyone
wants to contribute 3 MUSICA jams, I'll give you a copy of the
game.  I need a play-time jam, a winner's tune, and a loser's
tune.  I'm toying with putting a 6-bit PCM soundtrack in the
background for the play-time jam, but no guarantee.

Keep an eye on the front page of www.coco3.com for a screenshot and
download information.