[Coco] CoCo joystk() Routine

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 7 17:57:44 EST 2007

Joel Ewy wrote:
> Thanks Robert,  that's what I was looking for.  Wouldn't tightening up
> this routine also have a (linear) effect on overall runtime?  Looks like
> I'd better take a look at the 'Unravelled' book.
>
> JCE

I expect it will make very little difference unless you have been
calling the joystick routine excessively. It is very easy to determine
which parts of your programs use the most time (waste?) and tighten
those sections of code. In most cases, the time waster or bottle neck
won't be what you expected.