[Coco] CoCo3FPGA Documentation

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 22 18:03:21 EDT 2007

Becker, Gary wrote:

> That board seems interesting. Does it have SRAM or SDRAM? I have not
> tried any SDRAM interfacing. But there are some decent boards available
> with only SDRAM.

Only SDRAM. Like you, I've only interfaced to SRAM in the past, but with
this board I'll have to bite-the-bullet sometime soon and use SDRAM.

The other niggly with this board is the video - 240x320 (not 320x240) which
makes it difficult to use in designs driven from the video clock - which is
pretty much every arcade/microcomputer design that 'clones' the original
circuit.

Unfortunately, my current FPGA development platform has 32-bit wide SRAM but
no byte-selects wired, so I can't run your AppleFPGA project on it either.
If I really needed them, I _could_ patch the board...

Regards,