[Coco] Curses, foiled again!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Aug 20 04:00:17 EDT 2007

>Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:44:43 -0400
>From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

>Me neither Willard, never heard of it till now.  But, I wonder if it
>was "imported" from some other platform, and needs re-compiled for the coco's
>cr=eol where nearly everyone else uses an lf or a cr-lf combo?

Oh, I'd heard of it, but I have no idea if it is a native OS-9 program
or a port.

>Another program that is partially mine that's out there can sometimes find
>such oddities as the missing cr on the end of a file, sort of accidentally
>since its real job is to check the punctuation and nesting syntax of a c src
>file.

That can always be useful. :-)

Anyway, back to curses.c.  I ran it through a filter to convert to
UNIX linefeeds and then fed it to GCC.  It won't compile of course,
the low-level structs are different (or named completely different
things) but the only real complaints GCC had was about the occasional
NULL getting converted to a pointer without a cast.

Which certainly shouldn't be crashing the OS-9 C compiler.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko