[Coco] Speed question

Becker, Gary Gary.Becker at amd.com
Fri Aug 17 23:43:36 EDT 2007

Thanks Derek

I was hoping that the standard CoCo would take longer. I was told by the guy who wrote the 6809 code, that it was more efficient than the real CPU. Using your number for the standard, I have added a effective CPU speed.

Real                  Effective
CoCo 0.89      = 0.89 MHz
FPGA 0.89     = 1.06 MHz
FPGA 1.79     = 2.11 MHz
FPGA 4.167   = 5.05 MHz
FPGA 12.5     = 14.88 MHz
FPGA 25       = 22.72 MHz

This test is not very scientific, but close enough.

Gary