[Coco] Above 512k upgrades

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 14 12:55:13 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 14 August 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Tuesday 14 August 2007, Chester A Patterson wrote:
>>So, is there anything out there offered to upgrade beyond 512k?
>>Distefano did the 1MB and 2MB jobs years ago.
>>There's the No-Can 4MB through 64MB (wow!) out there. All kinds of help
>>but no kits that I know of.
>>And Cloud9's long expected Super Board (2MB).
>>So I guess that means that to date, there's been no commercial thing
>>like a "beyond 512k RAM upgrade kit" since Disto's offerings.
>>Is this correct?
>
>Essentially yes.  How hard would it be to make a kit out of the No-Can?
>I didn't follow it all that closely when the original articles were being
>published, as I already had one of Tony's 2 meg kits.

Humm, out googling for info on this but A: It is a Paul Barton product now,
apparently sold through the "Only on Saturday Night" site, and that puppy
seems to be on the missing list.  All google can find is an endless list of
Saturday Night Live trivia.

I would much prefer to recommend a known working product, but the only link on
coco3.com that points to an entry in the coconuts links from that product
listing on Rogers page is broken.

Paul Barton, are you still out and about?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)