[Coco] OS9 Pascal

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Aug 12 03:40:06 EDT 2007

>Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:59:30 -0400
>From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

>Here, I as referring to the header only, there is room also for a crc
>too, but over only 8 or 10 bytes it hardly seems worth the effort. :(

Heh.  Agreed.

>Ditto, including the shacks manual sitting on the shelf above me.

The place to start looking for a definition of P-Code would probably
be old CS journals.  Wasn't the whole P-Code machine idea from UCSD?

>Not impossible Willard, but with my approach, chances are pretty slim.

Well, Pascal was designed as a teaching tool, and alot of its
"features" are aimed at keeping newbies from doing stupid things.

I again recommend Kernighan's "Why Pascal Is Not My Favorite
Programming Language".

>The MW C compiler?  Donbesilly.  Its entirely possible to wound
>oneself with it.

What, you've never seen that text file?  "How To Shoot Yourself In The
Foot With A Programming Language" or something like that.  It goes
like this:

C -- You shoot yourself in the foot.
Pascal -- The compiler won't let you shoot yourself in the foot.
BASIC -- You shoot yourself in the foot with a water pistol.
Assembly -- You shoot yourself in the foot with a vulcan cannon.
[etc]

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA