[Coco] NOS9 VDG wcreate

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 8 12:40:33 EDT 2007

Robert Gault wrote:
><snip>
> For those interested in trying to find the specific code, the buggy
> module is CoVDG. If you change standard.bl to use
> covdg_small.io instead of covdg.io , then it is possible to open a /W
> type window from a vdg screen in 6809 Level2.

Having looked at the source code, I now think this may not be a bug but
a nomenclature problem. I'm not quite sure yet.

The makefile for the Level2 modules contains
# VDGInt Modules
covdg.io: covdg.asm
	$(AS) $(AFLAGS) $(ASOUT)$@ $< -aCOCO2=1

covdg_small.io: covdg.asm
	$(AS) $(AFLAGS) $(ASOUT)$@ $<

Now if the only difference between covdg.io and covdg_small.io is the
presence of Coco1 or 2 specific code, of course it won't work with a Coco3.

Let's have some programmers look closely at the NitrOS-9 Level2
covdg.asm source code.