[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 23

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 6 23:52:26 EDT 2007

> Message: 18
> Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 23:18:10 -0400
> From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] Good full screen editor?
> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> On Monday 06 August 2007, Paul Fitch wrote:

> >  I'm sure that line editors were all the rage
> in 1979, but we
> >know better now.  Anyone?
>
> VED by Bob Van Der Pohl, and XED both come to mind as being
> somewhat better,
> Dynastar works well but handles large files at only 14k at a
> time which is a
> PITA.
>
> >Oh, and VCC NEEDS BRACKETS.  Can't even edit C source with
> them.  They are
> >not a choice allowed under VCC at this time.

TS-WORD was on Rogers DVD, but TS-EDIT wasn't, at least I haven't seen it in
there. I've seen VED on Cloud9.  Never saw XED anywhere.

I'm fine with buying VED, if it will do the job.  Anyone here use it?  I
want to edit C source.  That means open a file, type some stuff, delete some
other stuff, save the file.  I have no desire to learn 27 obscure CNTL codes
to deal with god knows what.  I just want to type.

If I get VED, it comes on a 5.25 disk, so I might want to mail the disk to
someone here on the list to have it converted to a dsk image I can actually
use, as there are no floppies on this or any computer in my house<g>.

That's what the COCO needs.  A USB port for flash drives.  Then once you've
got a USB port on it, you (meaning someone who is not me and actually knows
how to write device descriptors and drivers) could write a Bluetooth driver
for it. One Mbit/s max speed<g>.  Then you could put a usb bluetooth antenna
in there and have a wireless connection.  Actually, that's TWO USB ports.
Well, once you've got one working, a second should be no big deal.