[Coco] NitrOS-9 instant boot CoCo

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Aug 5 22:10:41 EDT 2007

Robert

Why not use a flash instead of a ROM/EPROM? That way the flash can be
rewritten. Maybe then Nitros9 can be written to boot from flash and update
to the flash.

This can be done. The Pagewriter 2000 booted OS-9 that was ported to the
Dragonball from a 4 megabit flash. There were provisons for the OS to be
updated with new compiled kernals.

I have often thought of replacing the interanl ROM with a flash and use
jumpers to select OS.

james