[Coco] Mess Question

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat Aug 4 15:03:02 EDT 2007

Hello Manny

On 08/04/2007, Manny wrote:
> tim lindner wrote:
>> Manny <cocolist at invigorated.org> wrote:

>>> What version of Ubuntu are you running?

I think you are the one who wanted to know my Linux version. It is Fiesty
Fawn (v7?). 106 does seem to be the latest xmess version. I used "alien" to
convert the RPM binary files to debs and they seemed to install just fine,
only now I have not figuered out how to start it 8-/. Keying in "mess'
doesn't get it. TIA

>>> xmess and it's other packages are in the 'multiverse' repository:
>>
>> xmess stopped being updated about a year ago.
>>
>> SDLMESS is currently the most popular Unix MESS project still being
>> updated.
>
> I know, but if I do an 'apt-cache search sdlmess', I get nothin'.
> What's the latest *nix version? I think I'm running .106, which I
> believe is the latest in the Ubuntu repositories.
>
> There is a binary named 'xmess.SDL', but I don't know if that's the
> same thing or not.
>
> -M.

Regards
--
Cruising on AutoPilot                        |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo