[Coco] Bad HD cable

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Aug 4 23:57:45 EDT 2007

From: Frank Pittel <fwp at deepthought.com>

> This isn't directed at Gene and I hate to sound like a topic
> cop but can we either find away bring this thread back on topic
> or let it die??

Not totally off-topic, Frank.  Incorrect termination of disk chains applies very much to the Color Computer.  _I_ never had a problem with termination on Coco floppy drives, as I'd had them all with the Model One and eventually learned my lesson (I'm not the sharpest brick in the chandelier).  But some of my Coco customers back in my RSCC CSR days screwed things up just like I had and new users (on Coco AND TRS-80 Z-80 machines) do now.  (Those who do not study the past ...)

You don't even want to think about the damage that could be done with wrong termination in the first Radio Shack Shugart 8.4 Mb hard disks.  Be glad that some things evolved before outside vendors offered Coco hard disk systems and the Shack followed eventually.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Well, if you're gonna buy a ticket on the Titanic, you might as well go First Class.

Captain Audie Murphy, Texas Ranger, in _Roswell, Texas_ by L. Neil Smith, Rex May and Scott Bieser.
http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell/