[Coco] CoCo Joystick Poke?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 16:36:41 EDT 2007

As far as I know the software that makes use of the joystick maps to the
specific hardwired joystick ports chosen at the time the software itself was
developed-written. A careful program (and programmer) would have made use of
a routine to ask the user to press the fire button of the joystick he/she
wishes to use and adjust its port reading accordingly... some programs do
this, some (the most I fear) don't so there you have your joystick swapping.

I think there were some hardware projects that allowed for a switch to
choose either of the two ports, basically a switchable "Y" cable where you
plug your lone joystick in a single jack and the two DIN connector cables
out of the "box" to the two joystick ports in the back of the CoCo, and a
switch in the Y-cable/box would allow you to flip the joystick between ports
easily.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-