[Coco] Mess Question

Manny cocolist at invigorated.org
Sat Aug 4 05:43:38 EDT 2007

Richard wrote:
> I want to install Mess on my Linux OS. I went to the site, but it seems that
> things have changed. Also My install is Ubuntu which is Debian based and all
> the MESS file I have encountered seemed to be RPMs. It would really nice if I
> could emulate a CoCo on my Linux Box. I am truly ignorant about this. TIA

What version of Ubuntu are you running?

xmess and it's other packages are in the 'multiverse' repository:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=xmess&searchon=names&subword=1&version=feisty&release=all

If you want to get them from a simple 'apt-get' you need to uncomment
out the multiverse repository section in your 'sources.list' file in
/etc/apt/

HTH,
-M.