[Coco] Drive freezing / data reovery (WAS: Re: Need to know

Manny cocolist at invigorated.org
Sat Aug 4 05:37:37 EDT 2007

Briza wrote:
> Hi Joel.
>
> The drive still spins and is recognised in the BIOS. The problem is
> the Boot track is gone. I have loaded up Linux and had the drive
> plugged in and I could access the coco archive folders. So in the end
> it was just a simple faulty cable causing me the grief. But still
> have not attempted to hook up both my drives together yet. with my
> new boot disk as my Master, and the crashed drive as a slave unit.
> The last time I tried them both together. The new drive would not
> load up again. And at the time I used the faulty cable. So I'm hoping
> this time with the new cable that it will not corrupt the new boot
> drive.

Briza, if you can see everything with Linux loaded up, then you should
be able to copy the information to your new drive. This means loading up
Linux whilst both drives are hooked up and in place. This also implies
that Linux can see /both/ drives and access them with reading and
writing privileges.

One other question, is the new drive running Windows XP or something
else now?

-M.