[Coco] Need to know if I'm in safe waters here

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 00:13:44 EDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Manny <cocolist at invigorated.org> wrote:

> Yeah, I know that, but Hex's knowledge of hardware must be deficient or
> he's not paying attention.
>
> -M.

He said the drive was damaged by the cable but he didn't say what the
resulting damage was, was it data corruption? Or physical damage such as the
drive not spinning up? I've had real experience with the freezing and
thawing of dead drives and it does work in most cases (not all however)
resulting in the drive spinning up temporarily giving you a chance to backup
the data on the drive. If the drive isn't spinning up it is a good thing to
try before investing in software or data recovery services.