[Coco] Coco 3 & 3.5" drive data transfer problems

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 17:25:50 EDT 2007

I used the format dos command and manually set sectors & heads. Problem ws just solved though with the utility Darren A. linked to and sent. it worked perfectly .

Thanks for the reply!

Derek

Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote: Derek wrote:

> It's the PC end that is giving me trouble. I can not get the PC to
 > read or write to the disks after they have been formatted on the coco.
 > Also I can not get the coco to work with the disks after I format them
 > on the PC.

Normally if you format disks on a PC *WITH A COCO FORMAT* the disk will
be readable on the Coco. So the question for you is what did you mean by
"after I format them on the PC"? Is that a normal PC disk format? Did
you use a utility to create a Coco (OS-9 or Disk Basic) format on the PC?

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **